McCormack Studios is centrally located in the Hudson River Valley an area that boasts fine dining establishments, better lodging and many culturally significant attractions. Information on travel, accommodations and area attractions can be found below.
Directions & Transportation
Located less than 75 miles north of Manhattan, the McCormack Studios is easily accessible via planes, trains or automobiles please see links below for more information.
400 Market Industrial Park, Suite 11
Wappingers Falls, NY 12590
By Car: *If using Google Maps, MapQuest or a GPS device, please use 43 McKinley Street in lieu of the above address.
- McKinley Street will take you straight into the industrial park.
- Go straight towards the back (over the small bridge towards the large smoke
- Once in the back, go right up the small hill and park by loading dock B-9.
- The studio is located in Suite 11, McCormack Studios.
By Plane: Stewart International Airport is approximately 16 miles from the studio and lodging.
The following airlines serve Stewart Airport.
Delta Connection: www.delta.com
JetBlue Airways: www.jetblue.com
Northwest Airlines: www.nwa.com
US Airways Express: www.usairways.com
By Train: Metro-North Railroad – The New Hamburg Station is located within minutes of the studio 65 miles north of Grand Central Terminals in NYC.
View Larger Map
1. McCormack Studios, Inc.
2. Stewart International Airport
3. Metro-North Railroad - New Hamburg Station
4. Quality Inn & Suites
5. Mt. Beacon Bed & Breakfast
6. Additional Hotels & Shopping
7. Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center
8. Dia: Beacon
9. Vanderbilt Mansion National Historic Site
10. Main Street, Beacon
11. FDR Home National Historic Site
+. NEW LOCATION - McCormack Studios moves in June of 2013 to 129 Overlook Ave. Beacon, NY.
Hotels & Accommodations
Quality Inn & Suites *(discounted rate available)
849 Route 52
Fishkill, NY, 12524
Phone: (845) 897-9300
Fax: (845) 897-9301
Website: Quality Inns
Built in 2008 the Quality Inn in Fishkill is conveniently located less than 7 miles from the studio, has reasonable rates and includes breakfast.
* We are pleased to announce that the Quality Inn & Suites in Fishkill, NY is now offering all workshop attendees a discounted rate of $84.99. With the inclusion of a full hot breakfast this is definitely the best deal in town. Please note that reservations must be made over the phone by calling (845) 897 - 9300 and be sure to mention that you are with the McCormack Studios. If you have any difficulty in making your reservation, please speak with Maria Harpolis in charge of group sales.
Mt. Beacon Bed & Breakfast
829 Wolcott Avenue 9D
Beacon, New York 12508
The Mt. Beacon Bed & Breakfast at Wolcott Manor is a Gracious 1911 Colonial Revival Home Located at the foot of Mt. Beacon. With a short walk to Main St. you will find galleries, antique shops and dining.
Additional Hotels and Shopping
10 additional hotels less than 6 miles from the studio all within a ¼ mile radius of one another and walking distance to shopping, dining and Movie Theaters. Click on yellow indicator #6 on the above map and "Search Nearby" for Hotels to see the location of the following hotels.
Hilton Garden Inn
Homestead Studio Suites
Holiday Inn Express
Courtyard by Mariott
Extended Stay Hotels
Cultural Points of Interest
Dutchess County Tourism - Historic Sites & Museums
Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center - The Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center was founded in 1864 as the Vassar College Art Gallery. The gallery collections chart the history of art from antiquity to the present and comprise over 17,000 works, including paintings, sculptures, drawings, prints, photographs, textiles, and glass and ceramic wares.
Olana - The Persian-style home and estate of famed Hudson River School artist Frederic Edwin Church. Olana is the perfect place to begin or end a tour of the scenic Hudson River Valley… the beautiful, historic birthplace of the first school of American Art.
Vanderbilt Mansion National Historic Site
Home of Franklin D Roosevelt National Historic Site
Beacon's Renaissance - Galleries, Dining, antique shops and more.
Hudson River Valley - National Heritage Area
Dia: Beacon - Dia: Beacon is a museum for Dia Art Foundation's renowned collection of art from the 1960s to the present.